The works supervisor will be predominantly responsible for both running PVC extrusion machines and managing the machine setters, planning production, troubleshooting within production and introducing cost efficiencies.
He will work closely with the production manager but have set responsibilities.
The candidate will have worked with PVC profile extrusion machines and have proven skills as a team leader or supervisor.
They must also be able to form and maintain working relationships with their colleagues.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Run extrusion machines when required
• Organise production team (3 setters, 5 coilers, 7 extrusion machines) for efficient working
• Production planning
• Monitor stock levels of raw materials and order accordingly to ensure uninterrupted production
• Liaise with the production manager
Skills and attributes required:
• Self motivated
• Comfortable with managing staff in order to get the best from them
• Comfortable taking instructions from management and relaying them to production team
• Flexibility to work within a small extrusion factory that specialises in small batch manufacture as well as longer runs.
A full time position Monday – Friday, hours 7.00am – 4.00pm. Occasional paid overtime required.
28 days holiday
Applications for this vacancy are closed